The governance of the Buffalo Niagara Association of REALTORS® is defined by our Bylaws, Standing Rules and Strategic Plan. The Bylaws are modeled after the National and New York State Associations of REALTORS®, our Standing Rules define policies and when they were passed, and our Strategic Plan guides our business plan. Together these documents serve as practical rules of order and directs us in the development and conducting of affairs for this Association.
2021 Incoming Leadership Workshop
- Power Point Presentation
- Right from the Start
- Anti-Trust Form signed once a year
- Anti-Trust Form sign in sheet at each meeting
- Confidentiality and Conflict of Interest Form
- Roberts Rules
BNAR DIRECTORS WANTED!
The BNAR Nominating Committee is accepting nomination forms for BNAR Directors. If you have been a member of NAR for a minimum of three years, have been on at least two BNAR committees and hold REALTOR member status with BNAR, than you may qualify. If you would like to be a part of the decision making process, fill out the form and send to Nominating Committee Chair, Donna Littlefield at firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy to BNAR Chief Executive Officer, John Leonardi at email@example.com for consideration to run in this years’ elections.
- Nominations Process
- Duties of the Directors
- Nomination Form
- Officer and NYSAR Director Nomination Form
- BNAR Director Election Issue 2021
Revisions to BNAR Bylaws
The BNAR Board of Directors recommends changes to the BNAR Bylaws. Notice was sent to voting members with the summary of changes. Here is the links to details on the proposed revisions. If there are no objections to the proposed amendment, no further action is required. For questions or objections contact Chief Executive Officer, John Leonardi, at BNAR.
- Bylaws - For a more detailed description of the different classes of BNAR membership, privileges, elections, and qualifications click the Bylaws link.
- BNAR Strategic Plan -This document lists the goals and objectives of the BNAR
- BNAR Standing Rules - This document lists motions passed at Board of Directors meetings that alter policy as well as our business practices.
Genesee Valley Chapter
The Genesee Valley Chapter is the rural voice for real estate in all legislative and regulatory matters, and in the support of private property rights. Here are the guidelines for the chapter.
The leadership of BNAR represents its members through attendance at National and New York State Association of REALTORS® meetings and conferences. Here are the reports from the most recent meetings.
Board of Directors Information
The links below are .pdf files for the policies and procedures for Board Meetings, election meeting guidelines, chart of precedence for motions, travel policy, business expense report forms, etc.
- Intro to Roberts Rules
- Chart of Motions
- Right From the Start
- Board of Director's Roster
- Policies and Procedures for the Board of Director Meetings
- BNAR Directors' Policy for Confidential Information
- Confidentiality Statement & Conflict of Interest and Anti Trust
- Committee Standing Rules
- Board of Directors Minutes
- Business Expense Form - mileage is currently at .56 cents per mile
- Travel Policy
- NYSAR Directors
- Chart of Motions
- Committee Recommendation Form
- Committee Sign Up Form
- REALTOR® and REALTOR-ASSOCIATE® Candidate Nomination Form - Deadline Submission is November 18, 2021.
- NYSAR Nomination Form
- BNAR Director Candidate Nomination Form
- REALTOR® Honor Society Application