RPAC - REALTORS Political Action Committee
The purpose of RPAC is clear: voluntary contributions made by REALTORS® are used to help elect candidates who understand and support their interests. These are not members’ dues; this is money given freely by REALTORS® in recognition of the importance of the political process. The REALTORS® Political Action Committee and other political fundraising are the keys to protecting and promoting the real estate industry.
- Support candidates and elected officials who advocate for REALTOR issues. Last year, Buffalo Mayor Byron Brown was re-elected to an historic fifth term in an unprecedented write-in campaign, defeating a self-proclaimed Democrat Socialist candidate. We partnered with NAR and NYSAR in those efforts.
- Respond to issues directly affecting our industry. BNAR lobbied Town of Cheektowaga officials, helping local REALTORS overturn an outdated zoning law, resulting in the sale of homes that had been previously prohibited.
Other key issues your RPAC funds are used for:
- Redefining real estate licensees from “independent contractors” to employees.
- Expanded DEC Wetlands oversight and removing critical government and public input.
- Mandated real estate license number & signature on every document requiring a signature at closing.
- New taxes/fees on carbon-based emissions resulting in higher costs for homeowners and consumers.
- Defeated various proposals to increase closing costs through higher real estate transaction taxes
RPAC is YOUR Best Investment in Real Estate! Contributing is easy; just go to your member portal or print, complete and submit the form below to BNAR or take a photo of the QR Code.